T-SQL Tuesday is coming up on April 8th, and Adam has given me the honor of choosing a topic for our next blogging party for a second time. Given that this announcement is occurring on April Fools’ Day, I figure it’s a perfect time for a theme:
Dirty Little Tricks
Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to come up with a piece of T-SQL that could mess with your coworkers. And if you’re committed to the fun, implement it!
Need some ideas? Maybe you could…
- Write a lengthy script that returns a funny or annoying message
- Implement hilarious login triggers
- Use Resource Govenor to limit your
Honestly the sky is the limit. Just be sure to blog about the results of your trickery if you do pull it off.
Folks, don’t get yourself fired. This is meant to be fun. But you know your work environment better than I do. If your job has a stick up its rear-end, just write your tricks down and keep them up your sleeve for when you’re working at a more relaxed place.
And I shouldn’t have to say it, but don’t do this sh!t in Production.
The Rules of the Game
- Your post must be published between 00:00 GMT Tuesday, April 8, 2014 and 00:00 GMT Wednesday, April 9, 2014.
- Include the T-SQL Tuesday logo at the top of your post, and have it link back to this announcement.
- Leave a comment here with the link to your post. It makes it easier for me to find who is participating.
- If you’d like to host a T-SQL Tuesday of your own, review the historical list of topics, and reach out to Adam Machanic for scheduling.
Good luck on your tricks! Don’t get fired!